A 22-year-old girl decided to get herself a fashionable ear piercing, but damaged a vein. This led to the appearance of blue on half of the face.
Bringing up a small child, 22-year-old Courtney Taylor from Leeds, England, ended up in hospital after her face started turning blue. The reason for this, as it turned out, was piercing in the ears. A short time after this procedure, Courtney’s cheek began to swell strongly. It turned out that this is a consequence of not quite correct piercing of the tragus – a small pointed cartilage in front of the auricle on both ears. Now such punctures are fashionable, piercing only the earlobes is no longer in trend.
The right ear was pierced according to all the rules, but in the left, apparently, the piercing master made a mistake. The girl’s face became painful, sensitivity increased, and Courtney was especially hurt to clean her piercing. She called a specialist at the salon, but he replied that everything was fine, and her body’s reaction was not a sign of something pathological. But when the girl’s face turned blue, and her friends warned her that sepsis was a deadly disease, she still went to the hospital.
Fortunately, the study did not confirm blood poisoning, but found that the piercing was carried out too close to the face. A nerve and vein may have been affected. Doctors had to remove a foreign object from the skin, carry out medical treatment, and the girl recovered. Now she wants to warn other piercing lovers about possible dangers to their health.